Off-grid photovoltaic in Cyclades - Greece
MP-Energy has installed in Greece an off-grid photovoltaic system for a residence at Folegandros - Cyclades (Greece).
The distance of the residence from the grid raised the cost (above 80.000euros) of the grid connection unaffordably. Thus, the only solution was the installation of a stand-alone photovoltaic system (Less than 60.000euros).
The electric needs of the user were in brief:
1. Lighting for a house of 250sqm and exterior lamps
2. 2 Refrigerators A++
3. Laundry Machine for every-day use
4. 3 LED Televisions
5. 2 Laptops for all-day use
6. 1 3phase heat Pump Daikin for heating and cooling purposes
7. Swimming Pool devices for 24h/day
8. Dishwasher for every-day use
9. Electric Oven for every-day use
10. Water pumps etc.
The aforementioned electric needs are by and large estimated to a total of 110-120kwh per day during the summer days and 20-30kwh during the winter when the house is not inhabitated.
After thorough investigation our company decided to install a system consisting of:
1. 54 Sanyo Hit 235 Photovoltaic Panels
2. 3 Victron Bluesolar 85A MPPT solar chargers
3. 3 Victron Quattro 10kVA@48V inverter/chargers
4. 1 Victron Color control telemetry
5. 24 Sunlight Opzs 2V 2286Ah batteries
6. 1 generator Petrogen 35kVA
The system was installed 2 years ago and the user is amazingly surprised from the functionality and reliability of the system. As reported from the telemetry (Victron color control) the user consumes during summer days more than 100kwh per day, while during the winter, when the house is not inhabitated, the house “consumes” more than 30kwh per day.
Below the reader can admire the majestic Greek island view with the off-grid system in the portrait.
-54 Sanyo photovoltaic panels
-3phase Victron Quattro
-3 Victron Bluesolar
-24 Opzs Sunlight